Subject: [Leica] New postings -> Ted
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 23:36:05 +0100

Hi Ted,

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your comment and the point you are
signaling is not the first time I receive similar advices. The reasons?
First at all my fault for non react about this important point, other
reasons? I never - or almost never - carry a telephoto, I own a Telyt 4/200
and there is more than one year I?ve not used it, I had a 135/3.4 Apo Telyt
(superb lens) but I was using  it very few and I?ve sold it, on the other
hand on the small streets I love go it is rare the successful possibility to
use a telephoto. A Monopod??, it is a good idea if I was using telephoto
lenses? When I?ve shoot this photo, 25 years ago? I was 44 ? a good age to
carry a big lens, in that time the longest lens I had was the lovely
Apo-Telyt 180/3.4 and for my usual work on the streets my usual lenses was
the 50mm and the 35 mm, I can say that actually it is almost the same.

But your observation about keep the background out of focus is a very good
recommendation and even actually using 35 and 50 mm lenses I shall remember
and apply it, I don?t have the Noctilux but I think I can do a decent work
with my Summilux 50 or 35 wide open, for me they are more fast and
comfortable to use than a telephoto.

Thank you for your advice, I will keep it in my mind!

Cheers
Lluis

El 03/12/2014, a las 19:54, Ted Grant <tedgrant at shaw.ca> escribi?: