Subject: [Leica] Two from The Online Photographer
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 20:54:02 -0800

Indeed! I got screwed by Betamax and have never bought into Sony ideas that
have their foundation in proprietary tech since. Betamax was of much higher
quality than VHS, if anyone remembers. I'm all about quality (this is a
Leica list, yes?). Then poof, it was gone. My player broke a year later and
that was that.
They came out with stereo minidiscs that were supposed to be the
audiophile's dream come true for digital music portability. Gone in 2
years: poof! Glad I didn't buy into that.
Fuji may do the same, but certainly seems committed. Leica has finally
stepped up to the digital plate, albeit slowly and somewhat behind the big
tech companies. But is sure is still around and still a quality product. A
bit disconcerting with dropping support of the M8 though (did they?).