Subject: [Leica] Two from The Online Photographer
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 12:42:02 -0500

You're kids going going to college and wanting to be a photographer and
pursuing that in thier course load and you're buying them an innovative Sony
or Fuji? You'd be them  a disservice. Cute little "innovative" read
mirrorless cropped cameras are for people who have the money and not the
care. Get your kid a solid DSLR which has been made by a camera  company
which has been making cameras for a few years and which is likely to be
making them a few more.
And those names are Leica, Canon and Nikon.
Full Frame.
Get them a wide angle zoom. A 50. And a short or medium telephoto lens.
And don't have it be a surprise have them in on these decisions.