Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 and M9 Sensor Problems?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 04:56:20 +1000

Hi Bob. This isn't brand new but I don't recall any reports/discussion here
from anyone affected?
You can read the responses from Leica Camera (that were posted in the L
Camera Forum) where they have acknowledged the problem with some sensors
and were offering free replacement sensors units plus the other conditions
as have been quote in that article.
A topic title like this article (has) is bound to get some attention for
that site of course and the extrapolated/guessed number of how many units
may be actually affected is wildly speculative (unless you work at Leica
Camera how wouls you know!)

"This is the first public response and acknowledgement of the issue coming
from Leica, on November 14, 2014:"

This is not true, It appears to be another response to a new discussion.
Leica Camera publicly acknowledged a problem with some cameras more than 12
months ago and have been replacing sensors of those affected for at least
that long. Some other sensor replacements for faults which were not
manufacturing defects have been done purely as goodwill gestures

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman