Subject: [Leica] The final day for submissions for the LUG Yearbook
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 18:02:01 +1000
References: <CAE3QcF5i75UxcA9Zpg7a-kXMG3p53ePWcVOJMbwGWCZh=hB5-A@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ34=dTXiMQGXQAJwRdv82a73R78cdkNu7krNW1oiWnaNw@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1CvnD6iG5p5BxUo_W2jniavPezpTs=pui+kHUWzgNyFcQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF6=ex1LU+bzM1zpTH0LjZ+ZrMstirRQSgn_QLyW3mwt4Q@mail.gmail.com> <ABBC7A4F-6E29-4079-82C5-7E0C77A7EFF0@gmail.com> <CAFU3ovLxUQiLkPmmdLHYhy8WTKqCX349WXdczxo-HKjh57hhpw@mail.gmail.com> <001701d01ce6$45334c70$cf99e550$@ca> <F7A971CC-6D26-44FE-9F75-A3783F2EDD66@frozenlight.eu>

Oh well that was my call Nathan and the book was also open for seven weeks
for people to send in. I do not want to be still spending more hours on
this over Christmas and New Year.  I just asked for that consideration for
me as the editor. I have no idea how Jim possibly coped over eight years.

I am not convinced either that the book will be bigger every year. I wasn't
trying to beat Jim's record and I don't measure the success of the book on
how many people take part though.
Zero last minute rush unless 3 counts as that and total will be 81 or
82. Take a look when you see it and you can judge what you think of it
anyway!

 My approach was to make everything as easy as possible for everyone who
wanted to take part. The book belongs to the members and is not
mine. Actually I think that the composition of the LUG does change and the
topics and interests vary too.

In any case I made a promise to Brian and the list early in the year and
the 2014 book is fulfilling that promise. Right now this minute actually I
am closing the book for contributions and I am only waiting for Brian's
year in review which I know that he is sending soon now that he is back
home just a few hours ago.

As for the details, size and style of the book perhaps the LUG may like to
have a discussion on that in 2015? It is all up to the list . I won't be
authoring the book again.  I kept everything Jim has built up added some
more time and instructions and am just closing a little earlier. If people
couldn't find two photos from a whole year and send them in I don't think
they just wanted to take part which is perfectly OK. The last photo to be
taken was shot within last 24hrs by the way!

--

Cheers
Geoff

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] The final day for submissions for the LUG Yearbook)