Subject: [Leica] Anyone Using LightRoom Mobile on an iPad?
From: coupdefoudrellc at gmail.com (Wilbur Norman)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 22:33:05 -0700

The trouble I have always had with the iPad products is that they do not
have slots for accepting SD cards. Everything must be added onto them via
wi-fi. It is for this reason I have a Samsung Note tablet (version 2014)
that has both a mini SD card slot (not as nice as having a full-size SD card
slot like my Toshiba tablet) and a mobile SIM card as well as WI-Fi (for
connectivity.) I also have a connecting cord for downloading my Fuji photos
onto the tablet. This means I can use the device when I am in places where
there is no wi-fi ? and those places are numerous in certain parts of the
world. (The Note Tab, like my Note IV mobile, also uses a stylus, something
Apple aficionados and some reviewers like to scoff at but it is a very
useful device.)

Having written all this I have to say I do not like manipulating photos on a
tablet. It's kinda a pain compared to any computer with a mouse or pad.
Using a tablet is OK for me for a few days to simply look at my shots but
not for using the wizardry of any of the photo manipulation applications.
PLUS, if you are taking lots of photos (like FINE + RAW) and staying on the
road for a length of time you may have to remove photos to be able to put
others onto the device as most do not have loads of hard drive space.

So, I still travel with my MacBook Pro if I need to do any work on pics.
(And, yes, the Note Tablet, too, if I am driving and not flying!)

Wilbur