Subject: [Leica] health
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:24:01 -0500

Herb,

I am twenty years younger than you. I can not imagine what it must be like
to be 93, on the biggest holiday of the year and to just have been handed
what for any of us would be a devastating diagnosis. I am sure that I would
feel that my life has evaporated, that my friends are gone, and that there
was little in front of me but trouble. It would not surprise me at all to
learn that you felt this way.

Please hang in there and please do not give up. Where there is life there is
hope. Fighting may not guarantee a victory but giving up is almost certain
to result in defeat. No one knows the future and it's not over until it is
over.

Cancer sucks. My wife has survived three bouts with two different kinds of
cancer. One day at a time is the only way to fly on this particular airplane.

I wish you well and all the best on this journey.

Barney

Barney Quinn, WK3Z
C: (301) 775-1386
H: (301) 654-0938