Subject: [Leica] IMG: Great Blue Heron
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 07:21:26 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Ted Grant wrote:

>Hi Doug,
>Very nice fog mood type bird image.

>Clone it out?  Leave it in?  Tone it down?
>
>Yes without hesitation get rid of it! WHY? Quite simply because it's an
>unnecessary visual distraction as small as it is!!
>As soon as the scene opened on screen my instant re-action? A quick over all
>look and comment to self out loud?
>
>" Another fine............. OH crap why didn't he take that yellow leaf
>out???????" " It's merely fine tuning the image and kind of "cleaning it up
>to perfection!" You tidy it up and keep your mouth shut that you did it!

Thanks to the many comments on- and off-list.  I've taken the cattail reeds
out and I toned down the bright spot in the water.  I tried a version where
I took the bright spot out along with the cattails and the water looked like
it had been sanitized, so I left a hint of the spot in.

The original:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/ardea/gbhero05a.jpg

the final:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/ardea/gbhero05c.jpg