Subject: [Leica] My Transformations:Cosplay Project
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 14:12:14 -0700

Hi folks, I started this project at the beginning of this year and large
(17x22") prints have been exhibited in FAnime and Detcon1, and I hope to
send the prints out to other conventions such as Arisia, Philcon etc.

What is this I am working on? In this project, I am photographing
cosplayers / media-genre costumers both in and out of costume. The title
"Transformations" refers to how cosplayers transform themselves from their
"mundane" daily appearance and temporarily become the characters they
portray.

While cosplay photographs are now fairly ubiquitous on the Internet, and
even show up in the mainstream press (sometimes due to a few outrageous and
sometimes quite scantily-clad cosplayers) little focus has been paid to the
people behind the costumes.

Traditional-style portraits are taken with an eye toward gallery
exhibition, using mainly 4x5 large-format film cameras. The main focus is
on the characters themselves.

Films are expensive at $4 a sheet. I do save a lot from processing my own
film, but there are other expenses as well. I hope to take photos of
cosplayers in the West Coast area and that would involve traveling.

To donate - ANY amount is helpful!!!
http://www.gofundme.com/TransformationsCosplay

The project on Facebook:
 <https://www.facebook.com/Transformations.CosplayPortraits>
https://www.facebook.com/Transformations.CosplayPortraits

THANK you for your time and consideration.

--
// http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto