Subject: [Leica] Is this true?
From: dbirkey at reachbeyond.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 01:00:53 +0000

Well a quote is something that was true to the person who said it in the
context they said it in...   And if the context was people who were thinking
about taking pictures instead of taking the moment as it happened... and as
a result they missed the moment altogether...   well there is truth to
that...

On the other hand...  I never stop thinking when I am taking pictures...
I'm thinking about what is actually happening...  what I want to capture...
what moments may happen...  where I need to be to get those...  where is the
light coming from....  what do I want to include or eliminate from the
background...

As a moment happens.. I'm normally already in the right spot to start
shooting...  but I'm still thinking about whether the moment is over...  and
if there is another moment coming up...   and if I need to move one way or
another... get closer or back up...    and can I get a better shot...

There is fine line between thinking and instinct....   but I think a lot of
great photographers have the ability to think and shoot at the same time...
  most amateurs do not...

I have to look at a lot of photos taken by people who do not think before,
during or after they take pictures...  They don't think about lighting,
composition, exposure, backgrounds... or for that matter what the subject is
and what the photo communicates....    And while they do often take photos
at the right moment..  everything else is wrong...   that is picture
taking...   me....  I prefer picture making...   : )

Duane

?

Ted wrote:

Hi CREW!

A quotation for consideration??? Right or wrong?????

>>> When you take pictures "Hell don't think, click the moment! That's
picture taking!"

C&C welcome.

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)