Subject: [Leica] MacBook Air and Lightroom for Africa trip
From: gwpics at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 08:10:22 +0100

If you just need to do keywording etc. and basic editing (yes/no and crops
etc.) I would look at Photo Mechanic (www.camerbits.com) which is very fast
and a standard tool of pros. It will embed your keywords with no problem and
can handle email and ftp uploads as a matter of course.

As for computers, I looked carefully at a Macbook Air and it looks a pretty
good bet, especially the 13" which can have 8gb ram and has a built in SD
slot.

That would be my choice, with an external portable hard disk for backup
which would run off an USB port (such as the G-Drive Slim which I have).

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or
+44 (0)797 287 7932