Subject: [Leica] Hot hummers
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:20:14 -0700

Hello Luggers,
The juncos who have nested in one of our hanging baskets are keeping the
hummingbirds away from the fuchsias. But today, for whatever reason, an anna
hummingbird came by and made herself at home and stayed long enough - in two
sessions - for me to take 435 pictures with the D4 and the 80 - 400 VR zoom.
On editing and cropping I think for hummingbirds the D800E may be a better
choice than the D4 as then I have a greater area to crop from. Here are
three of the better pictures:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/9348.jpg.html>

and the immediate next frame:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/9349.jpg.html>

and then a much later frame:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/9620.jpg.html>

What I really like about 9620 is the shadow of the hummingbird's beak on the
forwarded wing.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard
(HOT HOT HOT on Pender Island!!)