Subject: [Leica] Your opinions please
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 21:12:17 -0500 (CDT)

I prefer the Epson scan.

gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lluis Ripoll" <lluisripollphotography at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>, MUGers at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:47:51 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

I would like know your opinions, I?m not quite happy with the B&W I?m
getting from my scanned latest films. In my opinion the first one I?ve
posted The highlights and shadows areas are too extremes and in the picture
the gray scale is very poor:

Plustek Scanner, Vuescan and processed with Capture One 7Pro
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/La+Barceloneta/2014070301.jpg.html>

I?ve do two new versions:

Plustek Scanner, Vuescan and processed with LR5
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/La+Barceloneta/2014070301bisLR5.jpg.html>

Epson V700, Epson Software, processed in LR5
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/La+Barceloneta/2014070301V700EPSoft001LR5.jpg.html>

What do you think? I Think I would choose the one with Plustek, Vuescan and
LR5 I like better the contrast and on the other hand with Vuescan I can
produce DNG files and this is much better.

Thank you very much!

Saludos cordiales
Lluis