Subject: [Leica] 6 Leica lenses.......
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 00:53:45 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

My heart always went out to my poor overworked-underpaid
combat camera brethren who were cine trained...hauling
hundreds of pounds of Arriflex/Mitchell gear, film, sound
equipment, lights, (plus combat gear).  Of course, many of
them considered still camera people "Tradeless"  ;-)

Today, I'm sure the load is much lighter.

Montie

>>I only knew one cinematographer personally;
didn't really "know" him - just used him for a commercial I directed - 30
years ago.

He didn't own a camera.
He did own a set of matched lenses, filters, light and color temperature
meters.
Those were his "tools of his trade"
with which he could control look of his signature product.

The matched lenses allowed him to match color between focal length changes.

Regards,
George Lottermoser