Subject: [Leica] Photographing a 6, 500 year old mummy (warning: contains photo)
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 15:03:58 -0400

Mummy photos, behind the scenes, viral whatnots, the Daily Mail crops out my
photo credit and many more adventures!

When I heard that Dr. Brad Hafford was hot on the trail of a missing mummy,
I knew I wanted in. (Technically it wasn't a mummy, but it's more exciting
to say mummy.)

He'd been reading through Sir Leonard Woolley's notes from the 1920?s
excavation at the city of Ur for years, so new finds and theories were
frequent dinner conversation (my favorite previously were the diary entries
in reaction to the dig site getting a Victrola. Some of the potentates
really liked it, others thought it distracted the workers, Woolley wrote
that the Arab music the staff was listening to was "a cacophony".)

Last week I got a chance, under high security and a strict embargo, to see
and photograph the 6,500 year old human remains, lost for 85 years in the
basement of a museum.

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/792706.html