Subject: [Leica] Sony A7R and Zeiss FE 55
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:49:08 +0700

Have the same combo, shot the moon handheld at 1/15 about 3 months ago.

Result about similar to the Oly EM-5 with a Pany zoom maxed to 300mm (600mm
equiv). Could see clearly the craters of the red moon then.
Amazing even wide open. And at a quarter the price of an Otus, of course
slower and slightly 'lower' performance. A must-have native AF lens. Pity
the noisy shutter though. And if noise matters, try the new D810. I am a new
convert. Traded in an instant my D800E. Don't let others tell you that it is
merely an evolution. The quieter shutter alone is worth the ticket. Not to
mention more than a dozen improvements. Check out the highlight matrix
metering and the new split screen level metering which now puts the Nikon in
the XYZ direction levelling (true 3D). And more.

If you haven't bought the A7R, please try the A7S and tell me what you
think. Perhaps the silent electronic shutter will tilt into its favour. Was
told by others that the low light performance is stupendous.

Best,

David Ching

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Sony A7R and Zeiss FE 55)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Sony A7R and Zeiss FE 55)