Subject: [Leica] IMGs: For love of the black and white photography of Edward Weston, Minor White and W. Eugene Smith
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:51:38 -0500

On Sep 10, 2014, at 3:32 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> George Lottermoser OFFERED":
> Subject: [Leica] IMGs: For love of the black and white photography of
> Edward
> Weston, Minor White and W. Eugene Smith
>
> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=9177>
>
> Hi George,
> Your examples are quite surprising and had me saying to myself..."They look
> like prints from B&W film!" Compared to a digital colour capture converted
> to B&W!
>
> A digital Colour to digital B&W print I don't think I've ever seen the
> qualities we see in your images. Quite obviously a true B&W image and not a
> re-make of colour to B&W?
>
> You sure yer not fooling us and shot these on B&W film? ;-) ;-) There is a
> smoothness throughout the B&W images that most obviously illustrates a B&W
> image as though from B&W film? Now if I only had $14.== $15 thousand for a
> couple of these magical machines I'd get right on shooting the final book
> completing my trilogy on the Medical profession! Oh well lottery tickets in
> my pocket! :-) Maybe this week will bring me a big time winning amount.:-)
>

> Thanks for shooting and posting the subjects you did, as they surely
> illustrate the beauty of this new LEICA B&W camera.

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment Ted.

You don't need $14K
You don't need two of them.
One sold on the 'bay last week for $4,600.

If extraordinary Black and White digital capability calls to you?
you owe it to yourself to pick up a used M Monochrom.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog