Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Demonstration in the National Day of Catalonia
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 07:18:04 +0200

It certainly is getting a lot of coverage in the otherwise very ethnocentric
Spanish radio and TV. The obvious comparisons are being drawn, and some
commentators compare the UK (where the people decide and the campaign has
been peaceful) favourably with Spain (where the central government denies
Catalonia the right to vote).

Having said, this I see a lot of silly nationalism both on the Scottish and
Catalan side.

Incidentally, if Scotland becomes independent, it may well be Spain, not the
UK, that blocks its EU accession, just as Spain is one of only 5 EU
countries (and the only important one) that has not recognised Kosovo.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain