Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook 2014
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:51:56 -0700

JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU READ THE "NEW BOSS EDITORS' 2014 LUG BOOK
ANNOUNCEMENT!"

I FIGURED I MIGHT AS WELL START WITH A SHORT RANT TO GET YOUR BUTT's IN
ORDER BEFORE IT BECOMES DECEMBER 31st! Don't waste your keyboard time
answering this, just get at the photo selection! NEED I SAY MORE? :-)

SEE HOW KIND I AM THIS EARLY WITH A FEW NICE REQUESTING WORDS AND MONTHS YET
TO GO? :-) 2 PHOTOS THAT'S ALL?

LET'S NOT LEAVE YOUR 2 E-PHOTO SUBMISSIONS UNTIL DECEMBER 30TH! As you may
never ''''' well I'll leave it to your imagination! but it will
hurt????????! :-(

ME?? Yer going to love my photos as I've already made them 11X14 just to see
what they look like in REAL LIFE after being on the wall for a month! :-) !
:-) I DID THAT SO I COULD HECKLE THE CREW ON A FEW OCCAISIONS BETWEEN TODAY
AND THE SECOND LAST DAY OF DECEMBER 2014.:-) THE TRUTH IS????? I'D MUCH
RATHWER PRAISE YOU ALL TO THE HIGH HEAVENS FOR A JOB WELL DONE!

OH AND NEWCOMERS?

Please pick a couple of your nice photos and have them published in a "LUG
PHOTO BOOK!" This is a LUG tradition, a for real photography book
beautifully printed so you can't lose submitting a couple of e-prints. And
if you've never seen one or two of your photos ever published anywhere? This
is the nicest opportunity you'll have for nothing (it doesn't cost a penny)
and it's not a competition. WHY?

Well heck it's the crews photos, US! It doesn't have to be a "COVER OF LIFE
MAGAZINE!" It's a photo by a LUG CREW MEMBER and that's all that counts!
"THE LUG CREW!" Some photos you will have seen sometime during the year and
others all brand new. It's an incredible feeling for all of us. Even those
who've been professionals all our lives.

Now crew don't get all antsy yet because it can become the "WRATH of Dr.
ted!:-)" as you are well aware from the past.
BUT NOW I'M OLDER! :-( And have become really a mean-assed old
codger?????????? I know you'll never believe that!:-)
HOWEVER JUST DON'T PRESS YOUR LUCK! :-( GET YOUR PHOTOS IN EARLY SHOT DURING
2014!

NEW FOLKS on the LUG? Well I'll leave the new editor explain what the "LUG
YEAR BOOK IS ALL ABOUT" And the rules and regs are! All extremely simple! :-)

ME? I'm sure you'll wonder what I'm involved with in BOOK PRODUCTION? You'll
find out shortly as the end of 2014 approaches and you haven't submitted a
couple of E-prints to the chief editor? Geoff Hopkinson Esq.

There, a simple rallying chat like firing the pistol at the start of a race.
Now please crew let's make this a record year of submissions and a fine
donation for the unfortunate folks as always.

CHEERS,
Dr. ted :-)