Subject: [Leica] Photokina
From: leopoldgreen at mac.com (Leopold Green)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 19:43:33 +0100

Nathan,

Why do you say that? It is very demeaning! I saved and saved for a year to
buy a Monochrom which is a camera priced at the sort of level you dismiss as
being for collectors. You don't know people's circumstances... if I didn't
have a M4 and M6 I would be saving to buy the M-A and when I bought it I
would be taking photographs with it.

I wish Leica were cheaper [when I bought my M6 in the mid 90s they were -
comparatively cheaper] but the price they charge is the price they need to
and not go into bankruptcy as they almost did after 2000.

So criticise the price yes , their marketing, that they still manufacture in
Europe and aim for a level of performance above that of Fuji/Sony [though
clearly they are inspiring them...] but don't keep making insulting comments
about the people who buy their cameras [at least not till you have got to
know them and feel you know enough about them to tell the list that I - or
whoever - only buy these things to put on a shelf].