Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 02:38:32 +0000

Meanwhile, everybody who has bought one realises that it is borderline
unique in what it offers and are more than happy with the results....

When it was announced there were many people thinking it would be an
expensive flop/un-needed, however when the results were seen it was a
different matter ;-)

john

Doug,
The market is probably so miniscule as to make no business sense whatsoever
for Sony/Fuji to attempt to undercut Leica by introducing a similar
product. Leica, IMHO, have been very smart with the MM and its premium
pricing from a company point of view - owning a niche so as to be under no
pricing pressure whatsoever. Perfect. They also know their client base
inside out so as to design products that appeal to them in a major
emotional way, which is again, perfect marketing, because emotional
purchases take rational decision making out of the window - which allows
them to charge what the market will bear. I am totally impressed with their
marketing savvy.
Cheers
Jayanand

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Douglas Nygren via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Leica prices)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Leica prices)