Subject: [Leica] Exhibition
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 07:56:17 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

EXCELLENT!

Montie

>>My exhibition went off very well - much better than I expected, with
prominent press coverage in three national dailies to boot. We had around
60-70 people who attended the inauguration on the 22nd October - the Chief
Guest is a very good friend of mine, N.Srinivasan, who, in addition to
running one of India's largest cement companies, is the unquestioned boss
of cricket worldwide as the Chairman of the International Cricket Council.
A fair amount of visitors also kept coming in till it closed yesterday, and
I managed to sell 27 prints - all proceeds going to a charitable trust
working for and supporting the hearing handicapped. The most gratifying
feature for me was that 5 of these prints were purchased by leading artists
from the city. In total there were 54 prints, mainly A2 sized and a few
panoramas of 12"x36", all printed by me on my trusty Epson 3885, either on
Hahnemuhle Bamboo or Harmon Gloss Baryta paper for the A2 prints, and Red
River Ultrapro Satin paper for the panoramas.

I have now put up a folder containing the photographs exhibited, in the
order they were put up, as well as a copy of the e-invite, a view of the
gallery and a shot of NS inaugurating the exhibition:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/AfricaShow/

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand