Subject: [Leica] They Don't Last Forever
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 12:05:32 -0500

Last evening, we said goodbye to a faithful piece of computer gear. A
1998 Sony Trinitron monitor, which was serving my wife's game machine,
suddenly went black.  Quick checking showed the problem to be in the
monitor.

Fortunately, I had a spare, a 2000 Trinitron, in a box in a closet. The
problem is fixed for now, but I am looking at small flat screen
monitors.  One requirement is that brightness and contrast must be
reasonably easy to adjust, because the old DOS games vary in output.
The Lenovo L1711 P seems to be a candidate.

Anyone had any experience with recent Lenovo products?

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA