Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 40: Brussels, Paris, Hostal Maruja
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 23:33:40 -0700

NATHAN MON AMI!

When I look at your "photo essays" == "PHOTO STORIES" I see photojournalism
at its best!!!!!!

You tell stories in a similar fashion as myself and similar photojournalists
did many years ago. And yes we had to write captions and details with each
documentary we did. Quite often days just writing captions for photos
selected by several PHOTO EDITORS who would have looked at and selected
images from every 8X10 contact sheet and each selected image was
numbered....... THEN WE WROTE A CAPTION FOR EVERY SELECTED FRAME.

So imagine having shot a 1000 rolls of film over a two == three week shoot?
"THAT'S DAWN TO NIGHT EVERYDAY!" Then 3 photo editors made their selection
and the frames were numbered for captioning becomes astronomical!

Not only are your photo essays wonderfully taken, they illustrate your
incredible abilities of "OBSERVATION" all about you wherever you go.

There isn't any question about your abilities to be a most interesting
photographer / photojournalist. You illustrate your seeing and storytelling
abilities quite remarkably well.

Thank you, as it's always a joy to take the time to sit quietly, click along
enjoying each photo essay as they appear on the screen one story telling
moment after another.

They are all true photographs understandably understood not leaving the
viewer wondering????????

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE????????"" YES SOMETIMES I LOOK, SHAKE
MY HEAD AT WHAT I'M LOOKING AT AND HIT "DELETE" WITHOUT COMMENT!" And on
occasion near throw-up still wondering "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??  AS I
SCRATCH MY HEAD AND THROW-UP AT THE SAME TIME AGAIN!! Thank goodness those
moments are very few and far between! OBVIOUSLY NEVER ANY OF YOURS! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted