Subject: [Leica] Do you remember why you joined the LUG?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 06:34:36 +0200

Well, I?ll chime in then. I joined in 1998, around the time I bought my
first Leica M6. I don?t remember if I joined before or after joining the
list, and I don?t remember how I found out about the list, but no matter. It
has been one of the cornerstones of my life since then, and I have met at
least 30 LUGgers in person over the years, many of whom have become friends.
This aspect, frankly, is more important than the equipment, although I will
also say that I have owned and used Leica equipment during all those years,
although admittedly during the past 10 years various non-Leica equipment,
most recently Fuji X, has been added. I still find my M8 very enjoyable and
would like one of the newer models, but Leica?s pricing strategy being what
it is, I will not be buying a new Leica body any time soon?a used M9,
perhaps. One thing to like about Leica that has not been mentioned is the
fact that all equipment can be used together, stuff going back decades. I
use lenses on my M8 made in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, in addition to a
couple of newer 90s and 00s lenses.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman