Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Blue Angels over the Bay
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Bryk Oliver)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 06:10:08 -0700

I sincerely thank everyone who took the time to look and comment.

Geoff wrote:
"Thanks for showing those Oliver. I enjoyed looking at them. Now I want to
get back to San Francisco again too.
Cheers
Geoff"

You're welcome any time!

Doug wrote:
"Great aerobatics shots, Oliver,
The one with Alcatraz and the fog bank in the
background is superb.
Rangefinder cameras are ideal for air shows, you see
them flying into the frame.
Cheers
Douglas
BTW: Here's more if you like to take a look - over a
different bay - and red.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/Transport/planes/Aerobatics_2007/
(Shot at two different displays with a Canon 20D with a
first version Leica 250/4 and a Carl Zeiss 300/4
Tele-Tessar and a Leica M6 with 135/2.8 - the one with
the goggles)"

excellent shots, Doug! thanks for sharing!

Gene wrote:
"Nice photos.  What lens did you use with the M8 for the close ups?
Gene"

All images were made with my old Elmarit 90/2.8, the longest lens in my kit.
Most of the aerial shots needed some cropping in LR.

George wrote:

"impressive on many levels
I especially enjoyed the the one with Alcatraz
Regards,
George Lottermoser"

I am intrigued by your observation of what I felt and saw.

Dr. Ted wrote:

"Hi Oliver,
WELL DONE LAD!!!  Certainly having not had your Leica in the hands for "6
MONTHS!"

All the regular aerial images are fine planes against sky blue.

HOWEVER? :-) You know what's coming eh? ;-) Right smack beautiful, a
smashing land mass and planes zipping by over head............

"ALCATRAZ AND FLY-PAST!" An absolute beauty! As it's a rare opportunity
during an air show that one has the opportunity to capture planes and
recognizable land mass as you've captured here! AMAZING REALLY!!!!!

GOOD ON YOU LAD. I'd be looking at trying to sell that particular image
somewhere. Local calendar people, Alcatraz office or government people?
Harbour control office? Anyone who prints calendars using local scenes! This
is so perfect I just can't imagine not making a few dollars in selling
copies and or rights to use the image!

Good luck with it!
cheers,
Dr. ted :-) "

I am grateful for your encouraging comments. The opportunity to work from a
friend's balcony in a high-rise building was an interesting visual
challenge. Looking to sell a photograph will be a new experience.

Oliver

PS Since full disclosure of one's injuries, frailties, ailments or other
conditions requiring medical intervention appears to be de rigueur on the
LUG I hasten to explain that the reason why I had not held my camera in my
hands for six months was radiation treatment and hormone therapy for
prostate cancer. It took a large portion of what energy I had left (vintage
1928).