Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Monochrome Lighthouse
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:35:56 -0400

Tina,

I am not Ted!

Here's what I am seeing. It's quite literally a hard and rough subject.
Rocks are hard and harsh physically. The image is gentile, meaning it
doesn't have any hard blacks and whites in it. This is not necessarily bad.
You might not want a hard, stark portrait of a person. Long story short.
Hard subject, soft print meaning that it needs the black in the shadows to
be really black and the whites in the highlights to be really white. You can
probably let everything else fall where it may.

How you fix this in Lightroom I do not know. In Photoshop Elements, which is
all that I use, I would experiment with setting the black and the white
points in levels.

There. How was that for a perfectly useless answer? :-)

Barney

Barney Quinn, WK3Z
C: (301) 775-1386
H: (301) 654-0938