Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Monochrome Lighthouse
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 19:07:41 -0700

OK, I'll play.  Here's what I did, in Picture Window Pro. I made this
mask (quick and dirty, left a line at the horizon and around the central
tree, but you get the idea).
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/TinaMMmask.jpg.html>

Then I applied these curves to the lower and upper parts of the mask
(left = rocks, sea and land, right= sky)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/TinaMMCurves.jpg.html>

Result:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/TinaMMwithCurv3n4.jpg.html>

The lighting seemed to me to be fairly soft and gentle, and I didn't
want to fight that, so my image may be flatter than some prefer. I tend
not to push things as far as some. Phillipe's version is Ansel Adams
Wagnerian--perfectly valid, but I usually don't usually go that far.

--Peter

Tina wrote:
 >  OK. Tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I underexposed by 2/3 of a stop,
I used
 > a yellow filter.  It must be something I'm doing or not doing in LR.  Can
 > you give any advice.  The tones must be there.  I'm just not getting them
 > out.
 >
 > TIA
 >
 > Tina
 >
 > On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM, John McMaster <john at mcmaster.co.nz>
 > wrote:
 >
 > > These don't have the tonality or look I would expect from the
Monochrom...

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Another Monochrome Lighthouse)