Subject: [Leica] IMG: Eclipse, barely
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 00:20:36 -0700

Seattle weather strikes again. The sun only came out a few minutes
before the eclipse was over.  I had made a pinhole camera to watch it,
and at about 4:05pm, I managed to see a tiny sliver of the sun shaved
off. If you look hard, you can see the slight flattening of the sun's
disk at the four o'clock position. It was actually at the ten o'clock
position, but since I'm using a projected image, it's upside down and
backwards.

But hey, doesn't my Pana-Leica Summilux have great bokeh?

I also used a 300mm lens stopped down to f/22 to project the sun's image
onto my jacket sleeve.  That looked better, but I couldn't photograph
it.  :-)  I await the vastly better pics from those of you from sunnier
climes.

--Peter