Subject: [Leica] I Need A Quick and Simple Image Viewer for Mac
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:37:26 -0500

====On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 9:19 AM, George Lottermoser <
george.imagist at icloud.com> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2014, at 6:46 PM, Robert Baron wrote:
>
> > When I started using digital cameras back ten or so years ago I started
> > saving the image files in folders named by......year. Or by......camera.
> > This was obviously an extremely bad idea since I now don't remember what
> > might be in those folders, or if I am looking for a specific photo I
> don't
> > know where it might be.  I don't see the need to import all those image
> > folders and their contents into my Lightroom catalog but I would like to
> > quickly scroll through them and rename the folders to something more
> > helpful.  Photo Mechanic http://www.camerabits.com/ comes to mind (I've
> got
> > an old license I could upgrade) but I'd be happy for any other
> suggestions.
>
> The simplest viewer on a mac is the finder (itself) > icon view > largest
> icon setting

Thanks, George, and others.  This method is simple enough for even me to
use but I can now see I will ultimately have to bring these images into LR
so I can keyword them, or at least so I can rename the folders.

Or maybe I'll rename the folders before I bring them into LR.

I can't believe I've got this many images in this many folders with no way
of telling what is where.  What was I thinking?

I guess I wasn't.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] I Need A Quick and Simple Image Viewer for Mac)
Message from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] I Need A Quick and Simple Image Viewer for Mac)