Subject: [Leica] Street photography in B&W?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 09:35:39 -0800

Ric Carter OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography in B&W?

I have finally reached this conclusion:
There is no more bullshit photographic question than "Which is more [insert
whatever term you like here], black & white or color?"

Very quickly, it descends into "Real photographers shoot black & white,"
which I have now come to regard as a personal insult.<<<<<<<<<<<

Gee Ric,
That's to bad to take it so seriously, as it has always been offered as a
"FUN COMMMENT!" Despite the fact it has a great element of truth to it!
Certainly when you consider the photographer greats of the past. Or that the
bulk of their "so called B&W images" have been flaunted for what seems a
"century or two?????? ;-)

AND YOU OFFERED:
"Each of us has our own preferences. None of them is founded in anything
other than opinion and personal taste."

Well you see a photog like myself who was an assignment working type for my
65 years of published photographic assignments! Sure I had "considerations
to make B&W or colour when the assignment was offered? To earn my keep! That
was it! PERIOD!

It didn't ever cross the mind to...... "Not take the money earning
assignment because it wasn't to my liking of colour or B&W? Hell man it was
money in my pocket to feed and support my family and buy new Leica gear!
Like or dislike? Nonsense!

AND YOU OFFERED:
>>I'll do a little self examination to investigate if I do color because it
>>is "easy." <<<<<<

Quite frankly that's an utter waste of your valuable living life time even
in mille-seconds of consideration.

Some of you lads seem to make such a big thing out of what you shoot, when,
with what and details beyond ones imagination.
This photo thing is far more enjoyable if it isn't taken too seriously in so
called details, theories, techie crap.  etc.

But do it as easy as possible....."SEE? CLICK!"  As in "KISS!" That has been
my life driving manner of success! That and I just got lucky! :-)

So OK Ric out you go lad and shoot up a storm of having picture taking fun!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Street photography in B&W?)
Message from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] Street photography in B&W?)