Subject: [Leica] FB challenge
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:00:02 +0100 (CET)

Quote from FB terms and conditions:

"For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, such as
photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following
permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us
a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide
licence to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with
Facebook (IP Licence)."

So those of you uploading your nice B&W photos to FB are essentially
giving them away for free. I too upload photos to FB, but the vast
majority are just iPhone snaps of my dinner and the like, ie. pretty
worthless stuff. The "good" stuff is on my own web pages.

And that is why I have now ignored 3 or 4 invitations to participate in
this "challenge".

Cheers,
Nathan

--