Subject: [Leica] Leica or Not? -- A professional Photographer's Guide to Choosing the Right Camera
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 14:43:19 -0500

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:32 PM, kyle cassidy on the lug
<leicaslacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> A very interesting point-by-point comparison on choosing between a Leica
> and other cameras for professional work:
>
> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2014/how-to-choose-the-right-camera3.jpg

Silly Kyle.

The GX7 was released in 2013 or so.  The appropriate Leica to compare
it with is the M (240), which entirely outclasses it except, I guess,
for smallness.

The M240 definitely has cleaner low-light performance than any
micro-4/3s camera I've used (or indeed than the Canon 5D Mark II I got
to stop using when I got the M240).  And it has live view for those
times you want it to act like an SLR for, say, bolting it on a tripod
and shooting setups with a macro lens and focusing by a magnified view
of the actual pixels.

WiFi?  Tilty back screen?  Those I can live without.

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Leica or Not? -- A professional Photographer's Guide to Choosing the Right Camera)
In reply to: Message from leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug) ([Leica] Leica or Not? -- A professional Photographer's Guide to Choosing the Right Camera)