Subject: [Leica] Forbidden City
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 08:38:03 +0530

Montie, Luis, Bernard, Doug, Ric

Thanks for looking.
Yes, it is Fuji - this set is either the Fuji X100S or Fuji XE-1 with the
56mm f1.2 lens. I am increasingly finding this to be a very convenient and
lightweight combo to tote around during travel and street photography,
giving a effective, fast 35mm and 85mm reach.

I think colour is everywhere, you just have to look for it - my view is
that coming from India, visualizing in colour is second nature to me, and I
am not at all convinced about the fashionable notion of the perceived
superiority of B&W. I just think they are two equally valid approaches to
photography, and you choose whichever suits you. Remember, colour is the
natural approach, as we humans see the world around us, and B&W the
artificial, doctored one!

In Beijing, we were staying in the Central Business District, which is the
very westernized part of town. The traffic was heavy, but not appreciably
more so than any metropolis that I know of. The real downer is the almost
perpetual smog, which makes everything look gloomy and dreary.all the time.
I really wonder how people live there - it must be so depressing.

Cheers
Jayanand