Subject: [Leica] URL: Marrakech photography
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:36:11 +0530

IMHO, the problem is that photographers from the developed world are
nowadays taught and encouraged to take street photographs on the sly. A
little bit of empathy, eye contact and smiles can achieve a lot anywhere,
and far preferable to looking guilty and shifty eyed when caught. Local
customs differ - in India, there is generally no problem, neither have I
found any in Asia in general. However, in Kenya and Tanzania, subjects
expect to be paid for being photographed, and photographing them on the sly
can lead, shall we say, to complications!
Cheers
Jayanand

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Wilbur Norman <coupdefoudrellc at
gmail.com>