Subject: [Leica] Leica M-A
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 05:25:55 +0800

LUGgers

As I reflect on why on earth would Leica bring out a completely analog
beast when everybody else is like on the digital bandwagon.

The reason is because everybody is on the other bandwagon, and Leica likes
to think out of the box and act differently and that is why there is a cult
following.

The M cameras are minimalistic so that one can concentrate on picture
taking rather than being swamped by all the bells and whistles. Now not
having a meter makes it fully elementary. Using an external meter or
guessing the exposure actually stimulate your grey cells.

Film is retro. There is an increasing interest in retro. I started playing
old vinyls again and just love their analogue music.

Things do come round one full circle.

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica M-A)