Subject: [Leica] Two from The Online Photographer
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 09:43:57 -0600
References: <CAH1UNJ0wVhjNgd5rTQUKD9BA4AvrEvEND3R5uxqKNZMqGQ3o5g@mail.gmail.com> <5E2E68C3-336D-4C9C-86E7-D9F77CEF8664@archiphoto.com> <CAAsXt4Nw7QwAs_2Gz3g6ucpcoB0cQ2jk0aojH-YDJ-qkX4bW+Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxtHB4Hpx6Wq3r7G=TC2AsTYSEGd--wW7xEAnYZed1=k3g@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxtK-mQ7xekUkNRxHqG5S8_h+yyjhH4Y1Y4_FRZpnBNQjQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAsXt4MCNBVo9sGd+H29iNe6E7ztViyMVsHjmPKhWHQKK-S_DA@mail.gmail.com>

Bob,

Funny that you spelled my name Sony.  My chief engineer used to call me
"Sony" all the time....

The story goes that when Mr. Morita was starting Sony he wanted to name it
Sonny, because they were the young engineers.

Wikipedia:   He created *Sony* from a combination of *sonus* and the
English phrase *sonny boy*, which "conveyed to him the youthful energy and
irreverence he wanted at the heart of the company." (Because "o" is
pronounced in Japanese with a long vowel sound, the connection between
"Sony" and "sonny" is not apparent to English speakers.)

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/