Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 and M9 Sensor Problems?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:15:51 +1000

Mark, Leica Camera just use the same name for each model now. The S2 was
replaced by the S (typ 006) and the new model with the CMOS sensor and a
lot more upgraded will be the S (typ 007)
It is in advanced development but not serial production as yet. I would
guess it will be available during 2015. I have no idea how I would be able
to pay for it yet, but then I have about 8000 frames with my S2 so far and
it is hardly worn out!
By the way the current model S is now cheaper with the identical features,
a couple of cosmetic changes and a new name S-E.
Because of what I focus on now, if I need to I will sell every bit of my M
equipment to get there if I can, maybe 12 months time.
I think that the new camera will be that good (as would be the new
Hasselblads etc with their newest sensors).
I have two superb S lenses already and really need no more for my work.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman