Subject: [Leica] I've got it---M9 sensor problem
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:22:23 +1000

Leland you may have the sensor coverglass corrosion issue as you mention.
My suggestion would be to first look at and clean the sensor cover glass
yourself to ensure that is is not just surface dirt or any oily spot. A
magnified light like the Sensor scope is excellent.
What I use and have for years on all of my Leica digital bodies is a dry
clean and a wet clean using products from http://photosol.com/. I follow
the instructions carefully and there is an excellent video how to on their
site too.
If you do identify a problem which a routine clean does not solve, then
your Leica dealer should be able to examine the camera for you and confirm
the issue then send the camera for you. I would take a guess that these may
all be done in Wetzlar. I don't know if Leica USA does sensor replacments.
Someone else on the list may know or of course just ask them directly
yourself.
Good luck.

Cheers
Geoff