Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Pickens Flea Market
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 17:34:52 -0800

Tina OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMGS: Pickens Flea Market
>>This was the MM, Ted, instead of the M240, but I do love those B&W tones.
It's time for you to get one!! LEICA should give you one instead of all of
those celebrities who don't know one side of the camera from another!<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,
Thank you for the Leica gift suggestion of an MM! Be a wonderful gift to say
the least. :-)

Although something like that has never happened in 50 years of using
Leica's! Not one Leica at a time,  but nearly always in sets of three
bodies, M's and 3 SLR's along with motors and a pile of lenses!!

I doubt it'll happen now. Besides I always paid for every bit of LEICA gear
by the thousands upon thousands of dollars. I never expected anything
different so never asked nor expected. In the good old days of shooting
assignments every week almost non-stop. If I thought I needed a lens of some
kind because it would allow me to shoot a better photo-essay? I bought it
without a thought! Just got it! Out of the box and click-click away!
Tests????? Never happened as one never had time for that silliness!

Why bother in any event? IT WAS A LEICA! WHY BOTHER TESTING WHEN YOU'VE
BOUGHT THE BEST! ;-)

Besides I was too busy on assignments to be spending time thinking about
getting a freebie camera or lens. :-)
Thanks for the nice thought. :-)
Cheers,
ted