Subject: [Leica] Santa's Watching
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 04:01:38 -0500

Thanks, Jay. When I drove past it, it caught my eye and I immediately
turned around and knocked on their door. This is on the street my parents
live on, where I grew up, so I drive by here all the time (I live around
the block in the same neighborhood, in my grandma?s old house!). Yesterday
was the first time I saw the Santa in the window and I knew I HAD to have
a photo.

It was a hard one to get. The Santa is A LOT brighter than the windows,
and the windows were a lot brighter than the house (it was nearly dark, as
the sun had just set). I ended up making an exposure for the house, one
for the windows, and one for Santa and combining them using layer masks to
balance it all out. Took a while to edit so it looked natural!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook