Subject: [Leica] Just back from Cuba
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 18:23:31 -0500

Everywhere I have been in Central America, I have run into Cuban doctors
sent by the Cuban government to run local clinics.  They are highly
educated, knowledgeable doctors but the problem is that they have no
support whatsoever.  They can diagnose diseases but have no medicines to
treat anything.  We have worked with them providing medicines and follow-up
for the patients that they have previously diagnosed.  It could be the same
in Cuba, but I don't know.  I would take basic medicines and the same
vaccinations and boosters that you would get for any Central American
country.  Your local health department can tell you what you would need.

Tina