Subject: [Leica] CHRISTMAS CUTIE / PAULINE
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 17:43:53 -0500

Its rare a line of cameras makes this much basic changes in its basic
concept.
The firs tone I noticed
http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Compact-Cameras/Leica-D-Lux-Typ-109
Is the sensor which at one version has a 16/9 shape but was way smaller than
4/3's is NOW 4/3's. So they've enlarged the sensor size and not called it a
new camera system.
The other big thing they did now is to incorporate a put your eye into
viewfinder for people who don't like looking at the big screen in the back
of the camera to get their shots.
A 1.7 speed on a zoom lens certainly is now oddly fast but that is not a
selling point for me.

I am helping my X work on a project right now involving her D-Lux 3 Id
gotten her for engineering projects when that camera first came out in 2007.
Its anti vibration feature has made it possible she says to shoot the camera
in low light situations with low iso's  making it every viable for quality
images.