Subject: [Leica] Ice at Christmas
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 20:21:37 -0800

We spent Christmas in Yosemite this year.  We were hoping for snow, but no
luck.  Christmas Eve was quite rainy a lot of the time, and it was supposed
to get cold that night, but the rain cleared out before it got cold enough
to snow.  But the cold did produce some interesting ice, and made walking in
places a bit hairy.

Bridalveil Falls, while not having a great amount of flow, did produce a bit
of ice on the face of the cliff.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5314.jpg.html

Along the Merced river, areas of low flow were able to accumulate some
interesting ice patterns.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5353.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5348.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5343.jpg.html

I've got lots more to go through, and maybe convert some to B&W.  But still
being on our trip, I might not have time.

Comments welcome.  View large if you dare.

Aram

Aram Langhans

(Semi) Retired  Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Ice at Christmas)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Ice at Christmas)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Ice at Christmas)
Reply from boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein) ([Leica] Ice at Christmas)