Subject: [Leica] Yosemite's Waterfalls at Christmas
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:53:42 -0800

While the flow was not great, at least there was some activity in all the
falls we visited.

On the way in to the park on Hwy 140, you pass Cascade Creek, where there
was still one tree in fall color hanging on.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5208.jpg.html

Then you come to Bridalveil falls.  On Christmas Eve, with on and off rain,
it looked like this:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5221.jpg.html

Or at least the base did.

I already showed one shot of this falls in Christmas with the ice.  Here are
a few more:

>From the parking area:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5312.jpg.html

And more ice from the base:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5318.jpg.html

We hiked most of the way up to Vernal falls.  A hard hike for me since I
broke my little toe a week or so before.  So, we did not make it as far as
we usually do.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5252.jpg.html

similar shot but with a slower shutter speed.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5251.jpg.html

And finally, the name sake falls for Yosemite, at least the upper part of
the falls

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5393.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/y4/Yosemite-5444.jpg.html

Question.  Do you like the slower shutter speed I tend to use, or would you
prefer a faster shutter speed like the first one of Vernal?.  I tend towards
? second or slower.  But the first one of Vernal is 1/30.   I like that one
in this case.  I think the bigger the falls, the faster shutter works
better, but for small falls or close-up details, the longer shutter works
for me.  Any comments?????

All comments welcome.

Aram Langhans

(Semi) Retired  Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Yosemite's Waterfalls at Christmas)