Subject: [Leica] Traveling in Cuba
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 12:13:30 -0500

Thanks, Ken!  Great advice. I've already stocked up on the core-less travel
rolls of toilet paper.  I'll buy lots of gum and pens, too.

We are really looking forward to the trip.  We found a guy in Havana who
would plan the whole trip and make all of the reservations for us.  He
charges a very small fee plus a small percentage of fees.  We plan to stay
in casas particulares and will spend 5 days in Havana and then rent a car
to travel around the rest of the island for a month.  Our guide has advised
that we change our US dollars for Euros before we go.

I think the regulations for North Americans are being relaxed very
dramatically.  I applied for and received a license as a free-lance
photojournalist.  American Express says they expect their US issued cards
to be recognized soon.  Lots of changes coming!  I'm sure it will be good
for the Cuban people, but we did want to go before McDonalds and Starbucks
get there!

Do you have a link to your photos of Cuba?  I would love to see them.

Thanks!

Tina