Subject: [Leica] IMG: Waiting?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 22:10:41 -0500

What about just checking the histogram behind the camera?
Historically a very good technique I hear.
Me I think I just err on the under exposure side. Big time and ass you say
pull it all out of the shadows later.
I hear that for some odd reason medium format digital technique is the
opposite. Why that would be the case if it is is not obvious to me.

The concept of all the light from the subject not having to pass through all
those grids totally has got me with a monochrome sensor.
Highlight separation which I think is the most important part of most images
would seem to have to be dramatically helped by the cleanness of the
concept.... The directness of the image and light path.
Total envy coming from the Saturday morning studio audience.

On 1/10/15 9:37 PM, "George Lottermoser" <george.imagist at icloud.com>
wrote:

> the Monochrom really lends itself to rendering highlights in ways most
> "color
> sensors" don't seem able to do. I'm exploring those possibilities here;
> with
> the use of my Minolta a spot meter to "place the high values" using a
> highly
> simplified version of Zone System thinking. It really works very well for
> placing values in Zones VI, VII, VIII, IX? knowing we can pull shadow
> values
> to virtually any levels we'd like.

Thanks for looking and rocking along with
> me ;~)

a note off the iPad, George

On Jan 10, 2015, at 3:48 PM,