Subject: [Leica] IMG: Studio portrait with the S2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 20:08:35 -0800

Geoff Hopkinson OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Studio portrait with the S2

Thank you to those few folks that took a look and commented on or off list.
We had a lot of fun with this concept, the model is both pretty and a
lovely person to work with and our HMUA and Henna artist is wonderful. The
portraits are primarily for her portfolio in fact.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/158919214

This is the main gallery from our shoot here. We came up with some fun
costumes for our boho/bellydancer theme.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/kmtg

Hi Geoff,
Each new gallery and new model posted illustrates how wonderful you are
improving your style and the image qualities you're producing.

The photos we see these days have a "high-class look" model direction and
certainly great improvements of "LIGHTING USE!" Compared to your early days
with the S2 and lighting apparatus and I believe "model class and
experience!"

In any event one can offer a great big congratulations on the overall
improvements of abilities and final products!

Nice to see the improvements as you don't get them without a great deal of
work and shooting again, again and again! And a whole bunch more! GOOD ON
YOU LAD! Keep them coming as they're always indeed a pleasure to look
through.

cheers,
ted

The 2.5 120 lens is fabulous for portraits of course. I didn't get the CS
version in order to save some money. I do use that function a lot with the
standard 70 lens though.
For outside location shoots, I have discovered the high speed sync
functions available with the dedicated flash gun. So that will be fun to
experiment with TTL and controlled fill there.

Almost everything I'm shooting now is with this system and it is actually a
little strange to use the M stuff now when I do!  Getting close to 10,000
frames with the S2 now. Lots of work with it in my galleries, anyway.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman