Subject: [Leica] Monochrom metadata and uncoded lenses
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:25:28 -0800

Lew Schwartz offered:

I understand ( or think I do) how my Monochrom can write shutter speeds -
whether I'm using the auto setting or setting them manually -  into the
metadata for each shot, but with uncoded lenses, where is the aperture
setting data coming from? Is it anywhere close to being accurate or is it
just arbitrary fallout from digital space?
(no it's because the designers had nothing better to do while killing time
designing LEICAS' one has used for 50 years OR more to a point one can't
afford to buy them any longer!)) :-(

Hi Lew & CREW!
OK this is such exciting news for shooting photojournalism or in reality any
type of photography!

So the camera records the shutter speed? Now yer shooting the Olympics?
WOW!!!!!! The event is over and you excitedly want to read this information!
WHY? Please give me a simple professional photojournalist's // Sport
Photographers' need to have this nonsense recorded?

Oh CRAP forget it! As my comment will be considered of no consequence to the
numbers people! :-(Or in reality I see it as a waste of time! Because is it
really going to make you a better observing photographer in capturing the
fleeting moments of time?

I'd be a hell of a lot happier if by some miracle somebody "OFFERED THE
PRICE ON LEIA GEAR HAS BEEEN CUT BY 50%"  by the manufacturer! Now that
would really be worth waking-up to! IF ONLY???? :-)

Now that would be really exciting and nice smiling news worth readying!

But?????????????  Writing the shutter speed and apertures??????? WOW HAPPY
VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!

GROUCHY OLD Dr. ted :-(

---

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Monochrom metadata and uncoded lenses)