Subject: [Leica] Baku Exhibit, R e d u x
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (Piers Hemy)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:37:14 -0000

Thanks for all your previous Baku images, Matt, which give an
insight to the "flavour" of Azeri society, but these were something else
entirely.

I find it almost too hard to believe how much the place has changed since I
was there in 1992. But equally hard to believe that it was 23 years ago! I
assume that pilgrimages to the graves of the  martyrs of 1991 are not so
high on the "visitors must be taken to see" list. But I also assume that
there is now infinitely (all but literally) more choice of places to eat and
things to eat when you get there. I recall three dishes which were served in
various permutations at various meals throughout the week at the Hotel
Intourist, with Restaurant Caravan-Serai as the "exotic" alternative. I
suspect both are now long forgotten!

Piers